The System Administrator II is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and the network infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, network and related procedures adhere to organizational values and security.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and to go live.
This Full-time opportunity offers medical & dental insurance, access to group rate discounted supplemental insurance, 401K with matching, Employee Assistance Program, and resort and local business employee discounts.
- Tier 1 and 2 helpdesk and support functions. Will be one of the front line support employees for the organization
- Administer all Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, Vsphere Virtual, and other server systems
- Manage Internet-facing systems, including IIS and Apache, and other related systems
- Implement and manage storage systems, including SAN and NAS devices
- Ensure that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Disaster recovery of system data, operating system software, data integrity and virus protection of the servers, the clients and the network.
- Administer Cisco VoIP phone system; assign and configure IP phones
- Administer Gaming systems; network and cabling.
- Administer and perform maintenance on all workstation
- Responsibilities also include working alongside development, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
- Perform problem resolution and provide 24-hour on-call support for computer/network systems
- Create a library of system documentation; provide training for team members and interns
- Implement integrated hardware and software computer and information systems to meet organizational requirements
- Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Two to four years of System administration work experience may substitute Degree requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of security in reference to networks and server systems and proven technical skills with protocols.
- Familiar with system management and deployment tools such as Nagios, PDQ deploy, Security onion, MangeEngine, and Spiceworks.
- Knowledge of enterprise technology infrastructure areas including: LAN/Server, email systems,
- Windows operating systems, Non-Windows operating systems (Linux, Ubuntu, Mac, Unix), Internet/Web technologies, Virtualization technologies, SAN/Storage technologies, Backup technologies, Database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL)
- A complete understanding of Microsoft Servers 2008-2016, Windows 7/8/10 operating systems, VMware ESX Server and Virtual Center, Symantec Backup Exec, Microsoft Cloud products.
- Individual must possess a high level of initiative and be a self-starter, self-directed, highly motivated and able to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints
- Ability to exercise extreme confidentiality and discretion on a daily basis
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal communications skills to effectively interface with guests and/or team members
- Strong organization, prioritization and multiple-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to quality
- Highly adaptable with the ability to adjust to change in a positive manner
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TESTING:
- Must be able to pass a background investigation
- Must be a able to pass a pre-hire drug screening
- Must be able to complete 7 Cedars Resort customer service program
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK CONDITIONS:
- Must be available to work any shift (to include all hours, weekends, and/or holidays as job duties require)
- Must be able to work in a “smoker friendly” environment
- Must be able to lift, push and carry up to 40 lbs. unassisted
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property applicable to your position
- Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing and twisting without restriction
- Must have the ability to reach at or below/above shoulder level on a continuous basis
- Requires eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity; ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with customers, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines
Native American preference for qualified candidates